Foods which are referred to as fat burning foods are those which are thought to require more calories for digestion than the actual calories in the food itself. They are effective for burning off stored fat. The best way to lose excess weight and to lose it quickly is to eat foods in this category that are satisfying but low in calories as well.
Contrary to popular belief, skipping meals does not help to lose weight. When you skip a meal, your metabolism slows down because your body thinks you are starving. As a result it begins to store more fat. Therefore, if you incorporate these fat burning foods into your diet plan and get into a regular exercise program, you will boost your metabolism and start losing weight in no time at all.
Following are several fat burning foods
• Vitamin C-rich fruits – fruits rich in Vitamin C are referred to as fat burners. Vitamin C dilutes fat that has been deposited in the body and makes it less likely to settle in the body. Good sources of Vitamin C are lemons, tangerines, oranges, guava, grapefruit and limes.
• Apples – apples contain a component known as pectin. It helps restricts the absorption of fat in the body. It also aids in the absorption of water from foods which have been consumed and helps to release deposited fat from the body. Apples also contain an antioxidant property which fights metabolic syndrome, a condition which results in excess body fat.
• Dairy – dairy products are considered to be fat burning foods. They aid in increasing the breakdown of fat cells in the body. Consuming 3 to 4 servings of dairy products in a day may aid in the weight loss process. Overweight people who consume dairy products lose weight faster than those who don’t.
• Nuts – nuts also help to increase the body’s ability to burn off stored fat. In addition to being very filling they are also an ideal snack.
• Chilies – chilies are considered to be fat burning foods as they help to raise metabolism once they are consumed. The component in chilies which raises the body’s metabolic rate is called capsaicin. It is a thermogenic food which causes the body to burn fat for an extra 20 minutes after it is consumed.
• Proteins and fiber – proteins and foods rich in fiber are the best fat burning foods. This is because protein requires much more energy to digest than other food groups. Therefore, consuming adequate amounts of protein will help to increase the body’s metabolism. A good example is lentils, which are rich in protein and high in fiber. Lentils are very good for stabilizing blood sugar levels in the body. Other healthy protein sources considered to be fat burning foods are oatmeal, whole grains, beans and eggs.
It is great to know there are foods which, if you eat enough of them, will help you to lose weight! It is common sense that in order to lose you have to expend more calories than you consume. This is why fat burning foods are great for people who struggle with their weight. Incorporate these foods into your diet plan along with a good exercise regime and you will be surprised at how quickly you shed those extra pounds.